Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Living Room Closet


My latest task is to conquer the closet in the living room. I get a little anxiety attack every single time I open the door. I guess it isn't too bad but what you can't see is the contents of that file cabinet. It is STUFFED. It is so stuffed that I have a pile of paper waiting on top but I don't have any room for it. The ultimate goal is to get rid of that file cabinet completely and replace it with a small file box. I really want to scan everything and store it electronically. I am still trying to figure out the best way to go about doing this. I do have a printer/scanner combo but the scanner feature is temperamental and SLOW. Scanning all this paperwork will take me months of frustration. There is a scanner on the market that I have my eye on that scans up to ten sheets of paper at time and sends it to either your Evernote account or your Dropbox account. This sounds wonderful but its expensive and I can't decided if I want yet another piece of equipment lying around. So I am trying to find a better option. Maybe there is somewhere I can take all of this paperwork or a service that can do it for me. Also those clear stacking bins to the left? They are stuffed with all kinds of office supplies, forgotten electronics, cables to God only knows what, and various other odds and ends that need to go. My goal is to have this taken care of within the next month. If it wasn't for the paper situation I think I could probably accomplish this task by the end of the day. But tackling that file cabinet and potentially scanning what I need in there is going to take some time.

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment